Architectural History & Resources Committee
[ezcol_1half] We are an educational and information-building group that celebrates and advocates for the preservation of the architectural heritage of the West End. We engage in a range of activities intended to promote an aesthetically pleasing and harmonious environment, and work with WECA’s Planning and Zoning Committee to maintain and enhance the quality of life in the neighborhood. We also partner with the Hartford Preservation Alliance and the Connecticut Historical Society.
- Sponsoring neighborhood architectural walking tours with the Hartford Preservation Alliance
- Monitoring zoning requests and other proposals in the neighborhood
- Advising the City and MDC on the impact of public works projects
- Advocating for and facilitating the nomination of National Historic Districts in our neighborhood
- Encouraging the preservation of historic bluestone sidewalks
- Promoting the use of National Register Historic District plaques
- Supporting building proposals that are compatible with the neighborhood
- Promotion of and education about Historic Rehabilitation Tax Incentives
Contact committee co-chairs
Lucas Karmazinas: (860) 428-7982 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Jan Klein: (860) 232-2050 / email@example.com
Our meetings are held on the 3rd Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m.