VITA Free Professional Tax Help
Keep more of your hard-earned money! Free, professional tax help is available from the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, offered by The Village for Families & Children and United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut.
If your 2017 household income was up to $54,0000, you can get free, in-person help preparing and filing your tax return at VITA sites throughout Hartford and in Enﬁeld, Manchester, New Britain, Vernon, West Hartford, Windsor Locks, and the Windham region.
IRS-certified volunteers will help you claim your proper tax credits and refunds – all for free, saving you up to $200 in tax preparation fees. Refunds are available in seven to 10 days.
Appointments are required and can be made beginning on January 9 at 211ct.org (click on “Tax Help”) or by dialing 2-1-1, then 3, then 6. Choose a location near you:
- Capital Community College, Main Street
- Community Renewal Team (CRT), Market Street and Wethersfield Avenue
- Hartford Public Library, Main Street
- Metzner Recreation Center, Franklin Avenue
- Mi Casa, Park Street
- Parker Memorial Community Center, Main Street
- Pope Park Recreation Center, Pope Park Drive
- The Village, Wethersfield Avenue
- Upper Albany Neighborhood Collaborative, Albany Avenue
- Urban League, Woodland Street
- University of Hartford, Bloomfield Avenue
- YWCA, Broad Street
- And in Enfield, East Hartford, Manchester, Vernon, West Hartford, Willimantic, Danielson, Putnam and Stafford Springs.
If your 2017 household income was up to $66,000, you can also prepare and file your tax return online for free at myfreetaxes.com. Online help is available.
The 2018 VITA and MyFreeTaxes program partners are: Community Accounting Services; Human Resources Agency of New Britain; Internal Revenue Service; The Village for Families & Children; and United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut.
The 2018 VITA/MyFreeTaxes program is generously supported by the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving and Farmington Bank Community Foundation.